- Make a presentable appearance.-Make sure your hair and body are neat and clean.-Dress a little better then you would if you were working in the position to which you are applying.-Have clean and ironed clothes, polish your shoes.
- Be prompt. Arrive ten minutes early. Drive by the company the day before so that you are aware of how long it will take to get there.
- Do not take anyone with you to the interview.
- Bring to the interview:-Your own pen.-A master application.-Several copies of your resume and a list of references.-A list of questions that you would like to ask the interviewer.
- Learn as much as you can beforehand about the firm to which you are applying.
- When you meet the interviewer, call him/her by name, shake his/her hand, and introduce yourself.
- Maintain good nonverbal communication: posture, eye contact, SMILE!
- Answer questions honestly. Speak with confidence and enthusiasm.
- Do not speak negatively about past employers. This is usually not productive.
- Avoid mention of your personal or financial troubles. The employer is interested primarily in your abilities.
|Ten Critical Qualities Employers Look For
|Tips on Interviewing Strategy